Retail Category Manager
Demand – North America Sales /
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The Retail Category Manager will be a catalyst to the success of Impossible Foods in the retail channel. The Retail Category Manager will support the development of category insights and growth strategies to provide thought leadership to our retailers. This position requires category management and analytical expertise and will report to the Senior Category Development Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver objective category insights, analysis, and thought leadership supporting growth for Impossible’s fast growing and disruptive products in a developing category.
- Leverage syndicated POS, Household Panel and shopper card data to develop deep understanding of the quickly moving and evolving category dynamics.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of category landscape to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives.
- Collaborate with retail partners, communicating growth opportunities and influencing strategies
- Support the development of customer specific sell-in stories utilizing multiple sources of data (i.e. Nielsen/Circana, shopper card, retailer POS, Numerator etc.).
- Responsible for supporting customer presentations with relevant consumer insights, category insights and category vision.
- Leverage category insights to influence product pipeline decisions
- A bachelor’s degree and or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of CPG/food retail sales and category management experience.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Recent experience growing a brand and groundbreaking retail sales
- Proven record to collaborate effectively with business partners (R&D, MarComm, Finance, Strategy, Operations)
- Ability to work independently and navigate a constantly evolving high growth environment
- An ability to creatively tackle problems and leave no stone unturned
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission!
$77,600 - $122,875 a year
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $77,600-$122,875 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Impossible Foods offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment or interview process, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-877-6365. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email inbox will not be accepted.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.