Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Execute internal R&D testing of new plant based meat following defined protocols. Capture and share findings with scientist team in a quantitative manner.
- Work directly with a large team of R&D Scientists on evaluation and development of new plant based foods.
- Advise on selection of ingredients and application of processes using your strong knowledge of cost and manufacturing considerations.
- Inform all aspects of future product development including product concepts, flavor profiles, applications, and packaging.
- Ideate and develop new recipes ideas that excite a wide range of customers including value add products, QSR, LSR, retail, e-commerce, and international channels. Present ideas and samples to large and small groups.Execute internal R&D testing of new plant based meat following defined protocols. Capture and share findings with scientist team in a quantitative manner.
- Interface with 3rd party manufacturers on recipe development, processing methods, and product quality and specifications.
- Manage external culinary consultants.
- Conduct formal and information sensory tastings and product cuttings for project teams, management, and customers.
- Develop recipes, workflows, and SOPs to facilitate implementation of our product into restaurant operations
- Serve as a point of knowledge about customer’s culinary needs, requirements, and pain points.
- Mentor and guide non-culinary team members.
- Lead culinary learning sessions for internal and external audiences.
- BS in Culinology, Culinary Science, Culinary Arts, or Food Science. Certified Research Chef highly preferred.
- 5 - 8+ years of work experience in a combination of R&D and a commercial food service environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience training/teaching in a culinary setting.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- A communication style with others is factual, straightforward, direct and to the point.
- An ability to use data and observations are captured in a systematic and detailed manner.
- The drive to thrive in a high-pressure environment; variety is the spice of life and there is not issue you can’t quickly troubleshoot.
- An ability to be comfortable with a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals.