Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 5000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
We are looking for a skilled Packaging Operator to perform a set of tasks using machinery while following safety rules and respecting quality procedures. You will be responsible for setting up, operating following Good Manufacturing Practices, performing product quality control, basic maintenance on various pieces of equipment to ensure the efficient running of production.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear).
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Keep records of intermediate or final products using a MRP system (computer/barcode scanner).
- Create and maintain activity logs.
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors.
- Perform machine setups (assembly, calibration, etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. flows).
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Feed the necessary packaging material to semi-automated machines.
- Stack packaged items in storage areas or on delivery pallets using jack pallets or forklifts.
- Attach identification labels to finished items and count them to ensure that they conform to initial order.
- Test and evaluate products and verify product weight to conform to quality standards.
- Document packaging activities on a daily basis and report machinery faults immediately.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out.
- Inspect production to ensure they meet requirements.
- Can train OJT fellow associate.
- Update and write standard operating and standard sanitation operating procedures.
- Perform Sanitation operations.
- Operate all equipment of the packaging area.
- Coordinates with the other operators the material and people during her/his shift to maximize up-time.
- Leads team meeting when supervisor is not available.
- Ensures all KPI and production reports are filled out OTIF (on time in full) for her/his area.
- Operators are required to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two years of experience working in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools.
- Food manufacturing background preferred.
- Packaging goods manufacturing required.
- Work-center coordination preferred.
- Operators need to be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, while using tools to perform. repetitive actions, for a 10-hour shift.