Director, NPI (New Product Introduction)
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
Lead the NPI team at Impossible Foods, and help turn amazing ideas into reality.
A successful Director of NPI is a leader and facilitator; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. NPI team launches products on time, with high quality and maximum customer availability.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
- Lead R&D and Operations teams in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps.
- Drive ramp readiness with Product Innovation, Operations and Product Development teams.
- Plan capacity and lead factory equipment budget.
- Handle material readiness to ensure availability, quality and cost.
- Communicate requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with supply chain teams.
- Lead all communications, upward and downward through the organization; raising key issues and options for resolution with executive teams.
- 8-10 years of work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline, MBA is preferred
- A background in CPG industries, Product Management, Project Management, Management Consulting, and/or high-growth companies.
- Experience in the food industry - highly preferred
- A deep passion and empathy for the mission of Impossible Foods
- Program Management experience in world-class technology, CPG or foodservice companies. Strong preference for background in food.
- A strategic and analytical mindset with attention to details
- A “general manager" mindset focused on the ultimate product performance and profitability
- An open mind, are a self-starter, and have a can-do attitude in a complex, ambiguous technical environment.
- Ability to be a great team player, comfortable with cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills, ability to present and influence other leaders to get team buy-in and drive decision making.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of executives, partners, customers or employees
- Ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics