Senior Data Science & Strategy Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
We are looking for a new senior analyst to join the advanced analytics function within the BizOps & Strategy team. The team works on both business operations projects, diving into the most pressing challenges across the organization, and strategy projects, supporting long-term planning and big-picture decisions. The advanced analytics function does this same work while employing Monte Carlo methods, Bayesian analysis, and machine learning as appropriate to enhance quality and rigor. We’re looking for someone with a background in both data science and business execution to join this team to solve the most complex problems at Impossible Foods.
- Create forecasts and recommendations for Impossible’s leadership team
- Build statistical and stochastic models to drive insights and inform critical business decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Work cross-functionally to identify problems, solutions, drivers, assumptions, and data sources
- A proven ability to develop deep, detailed, actionable strategic recommendations with limited direct guidance
- Fluency in statistical methods, probability, and stochastic systems
- Robust modeling skills both with a scientific programming toolkit (e.g., Python, R, or Matlab) and a traditional business toolkit (Excel and Google Sheets)
- A mission driven personality with genuine interest and passion for food and the environment
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- An insatiable curiosity and growth mindset
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics