Product & Ops – Quality /
Full time /
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
We are inviting an FSQA Manager to join the Central Quality team at Impossible Foods! The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. This position will support and collaborate with a range of manufacturing, product development, food quality & safety and program management personnel. This role will work directly with our co-manufacturing sites.
This role will be based onsite out of our Chicago office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage co-manufacturing to ensure each facility adheres to the Impossible Foods' FSQA requirements for policy, programs, and product specifications.
- Ensure our quality systems strategy contributes to the organization through risk reduction and cost savings.
- Collaborate with co-manufacturing partners to drive continuous improvement programs, and compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Verify systems are in place including pre-operational checks, sanitation, operational practices, food safety and quality checks, and product sensory.
- Actively participate in customer and consumer complaints resolution, investigation, root cause, corrective actions and preventive measures. Run and keep up to date the FSQA scorecard to track performance.
- Drive and/or participate in internal and external audits for FSQA, customer programs, certifying bodies and claims. Provide and support training initiatives and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related
- 5+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment with a quality assurance emphasis
- Self-motivated to make meaningful contributions in a team environment
- Positive and hardworking attitude
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot issues when applicable
- Ability to lead or support multiple projects/requirements and achieve results in a fast paced work environment.
- Proven track record to solve problems ranging from basic to complex by using data. Organized, detail oriented and excellent time management.
- Demonstrates in-depth and practical knowledge of related areas such as food safety, quality, regulatory, sanitation, GFSI and manufacturing.
$99,200 - $157,000 a year
This U.S. based, full-time position offers the above base salary range + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Impossible Foods offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment or interview process, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or call 855-877-6365. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email inbox will not be accepted.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.