Lead Artist - Metaverse
Remote - UK /
Metaverse Group – Art & Audio /
Permanent Employee (PE)
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the assets and visions.
- Manage the discipline expectations of the art teams and ensure they are being delivered upon.
- Manage the art teams to create consistent, high-quality assets that respect the artistic vision of the game and that don’t block or reboot other departments, all within industry standards and timelines.
- Work closely with the Art Director on transforming visions to deliverables
- Day-to-day management of the teams to deliver exceptional quality environments and assets
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Define and establish art standards/systems to ensure all creative material is consistent.
- Report on (and represent) art effort and progress on your own project(s).
- Analyse workload and productivity, flag issues and provide solutions.
- Communicate well-considered, accurate delivery timescales for the teams, and can anticipate where issues may arise ahead of commitment.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Good self-starter instincts and an ability to work with little to no oversight.
- Previous experience in ONE or more art crafts as an Individual Contributor.
- Experienced with managing senior and junior artists across multiple art disciplines (e.g. backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation, creation of 3D objects, particle effects, etc.).
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Experience in managing outsource partners.
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines (Unreal would be preferable).
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.