Game Monetization Manager - Midwinter Entertainment
Seattle, WA /
Gaming and Production – Midwinter Entertainment /
Permanent Employee (PE)
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
as one of the core decision-makers on Midwinter Entertainment’s first games-as-a-service title, Scavengers, is to propose, define, and prioritize game features and content that drive revenue while supporting the game’s vision as fun, fair, deep, and rewarding.
Areas for Impact
You'll be fully integrated in the Seattle-based studio team and will drive monetization-per-player in close partnership with design, marketing, production, analytics, and exec.
- Drive the monetization strategy for Scavengers, identifying opportunities that will positively impact retention, acquisition, and overall revenue.
- Work in close partnership with Marketing (Player Acquisition) and Game Design (Player Retention) heads to define the product roadmap, set priorities, and lead the team to success.
- Pre-launch: Ensure that Scavengers has the right features, content, tools, and processes to be a free-to-play success.
- Post-launch: Use data and player insights to run and operate Scavengers hands-on as a vibrant, dynamic, and engaging game-as-a-service that players enjoy investing in for years.
- Make decisions in alignment with the game’s vision to drive an excellent, surprising, and delightful player experience that consistently respects and engenders trust amongst the Scavengers community.
- Collaborate across the broader Scavengers team to ensure continuous alignment on product vision and goals, prioritizing work on an ongoing basis to keep the team moving.
- Partner with cross-discipline leadership to empower the team and help maintain a healthy, inspired working environment.
- Work closely with our Games Analyst to harness player data, driving insight through ongoing reporting and investigation.
- Monetize the game in ways that deepen player engagement, whilst following an ambitious short & long-term growth plan.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Must have prior monetization experience in games.
- You have experience as a Product Manager working on a successful live game.
- You have experience working on live games across a variety of different platforms (PC, console, mobile).
- You are able to drive to consensus across teams using strong communication and collaboration skills.
- You have familiarity with agile software development methodologies and project management tools.
- You have a passion for games and an understanding of gaming culture.
- You are comfortable taking risks and challenging the status quo in service of innovation.
- *Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- *Action / Shooter game experience is a plus.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.