Live Ops Producer - Midwinter Entertainment
Seattle, WA /
Gaming and Production – Midwinter Entertainment /
Permanent Employee (PE)
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
as the Live Ops Producer is to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams to facilitate the successful launch of Scavengers--showcasing SpatialOS technology--to players worldwide. You’ll be a critical driver in ensuring consistent build delivery and, as a result, the best possible player experience.
You will join an ambitious, experienced team, and have a significant impact by owning all pre- and post-launch activities. The work you do to drive the seamless delivery of the game to our players will provide a memorable player experience.
Areas for Impact
- Coordinate all game-related release activities internally and externally from pre- to post-launch, ensuring continuous delivery against our product goals - including pre-launch war room activities, creation and execution of release checklists, building live dashboards to monitor infrastructure and game health, triaging issues, communicating with stakeholders on launch status and game health, driving improvements to the release process, incident reporting, and coordinating maintenance and downtime.
- Own the delivery of an approved build into players’ hands by ensuring distribution platform compliance, managing hotfixes, triggering builds to be promoted into staging, and coordinating special one-off builds as requested.
- Liaise with stakeholders across Improbable worldwide to understand dependencies, support coordination, and manage expectations.
- Document and own the launch runbooks including escalation and on-call policies.
- Other responsibilities relating to large-scale launch activities (betas, tech tests, full game release, etc.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience supporting a live service
- Experience shipping products on a larger scale
- Experience with project management tools such as Atlassian Jira
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong stress management skills and, by extension, crisis management ability
- Experience (or strong interest) in the gaming industry
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.