Lead Developer Evangelist
Marketing – Marketing
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Developer Evangelist at Improbable you will work with content, communications, product, engineering, demand generation and support teams to build, maintain and advocate for a supportive, productive and passionate community of fans among our target customers.
You will provide thought leadership and evangelise for SpatialOS to drive excitement and alignment around our product. You will bring these customers together in virtual and physical spaces to create a welcoming community of SpatialOS users to share ideas, support one another and connect deeply with the brand and product.
- Develop full strategy and process for supporting the developer community at scale.
- Engage in constructive two-way communication with community members through a range of channels (events, social, forums, direct communication) to provide direct support to customers and engage employees to respond quickly.
- Encourage and drive engagement and regular participation in community channels from and between target customer segmentsCultivate and enable leadership from within the community.
- Plan and execute community activities and community events and engagement that drives activity, utility and attachment while at the same time execute broader brand programs by evangelising for Improbable technology and objectives in social and event channels
- Speak at global events of all types from developer conferences to C-level conferences
- Understand product strategy and help lead and communicate the vision by working with product managers and product marketing managers
- Working with internal engineering teams to discuss implementation details of hard problems and turning that into communicable content for marketing purposes
- Experience as a software developer, architect, technology advocate, or consultant working with gaming technology
- 2 - 5 years experience in the games space (ideally having shipped a game) ideally with hands-on technical experience with the technology and tools used in building modern games
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to different types of audiences (internal/external), and have a proven record of influencing and leading a variety of stakeholders with experience building, maintaining and supporting global communities
- Drive and enjoyment for game hacking, trying out a new product features and developing content to effectively communicate your findings.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand the problems of target customers and to translate them into actionable insights
- Substantial global travel will be required
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.