Senior Programme Manager, Defence
Strategy & Operations – Program Management /
Permanent Employee (PE)
We believe in the power of scientific simulations coupled with cutting-edge gaming technology to transform decision making and planning in highly uncertain, rapidly evolving, complex environments. In the National Security and Defence sector, a unique opportunity exists to impact high stakes real-world outcomes by enabling decision makers to explore, interact and experiment with rich simulations of interconnected real world systems – what we refer to as a single synthetic environment.
Synthetic environments give decision makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for crises and threats. Improbable’s platform offers new capabilities to the defence industry with a library of models, enabling defence developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient and iterative way.
We are at a critical juncture for the Defence organisation with a breadth of opportunities to attack in 2021 and beyond. The people, processes and learnings that we put in place this year will have a significant impact on the possibility of success for our business going forward.
Our Defence Division Project Management team is responsible for delivering significant, high-value programs of work, blending delivery management, customer engagement, commercial acumen and product feedback.
This role will own the bid and delivery of a substantial new programme which will likely involve a solution delivery phase leading to sustained service delivery.
This role is suited to someone looking to leverage their experience with technology programme and service management to implement modern, novel digital solutions in aid of the Defence and National Security missions.
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance.
Areas for Impact
- Help guide the team to deliver capabilities that contribute to overall programme success and ensure we deliver contractual performance that exceeds expectations
- Lead the programme, focussing not only on delivery quality but also building process and guidance to increase our business capability for future programmes and services
- Lead efforts to accurately scope and track customer requirements, with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and commercial opportunities
- Identify opportunities to improve our Project Management capability and processes.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Current or recent UK security vetting clearance (SC) is advantageous but not mandatory.
- You have significant experience scoping and delivering complex technology programmes with ongoing service wrap, particularly if involving the delivery of cloud-hosted solutions in consultation with clients and close partnership with other commercial organisations
- You champion best practice and exemplary behaviour whilst maintaining mission focus and perseverance in navigating bureaucracy to implement a first-of-type solution
- You collaborate with customers and product, engineering, partner and customer success teams and third-party partner organisations to track the status of technical execution and maintain forward progress despite dynamic priorities and uncertainties
- You use your written and verbal communication skills to report risks, opportunities, and technical progress to internal and external project stakeholders
- You have led the development of project schedules and service lines and coordinate user workshops, integration events and operational evaluations
- You use advanced critical thinking skills to proactively implement solutions to programme issues or arm relevant stakeholders with data necessary to make informed decisions including advocating for organisational change when necessary.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.