Business Development – Business Development
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Games Sales Engineer at Improbable, you will play part product manager, part evangelist, part R&D and part business development.
- Helping the business development team engage with all of our prospective customers
- You will spend time researching and developing interesting and innovative use cases for SpatialOS
- You will attend conferences, conduct talks and constantly be at the forefront of latest trends within the games industry
- You will steer internal engineering teams, translating customer requirements to ensure the tools and features we build are in line with what they need.
- Heading out with our Business Development team to meet new clients. You will pitch SpatialOS to technical leadership, help customers ‘think’ spatially about their game and provide answers to technical and creative questions raised by clients
- Helping customers design and make solid architectural decisions early on. As a games engineer, you will be paramount in ensuring the success of a SpatialOS game through these early technical decisions
- You will be involved in building internal projects to demonstrate the potential of SpatialOS, which can be used for sales material and customer demonstrations.
- Experience building games, and have shipped at least one title
- Experience working with engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding
- Passionate about teaching and sharing knowledge, empathetic and patient
- Interest in building and launching new gaming experiences in virtual worlds
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development
- Customer facing experience.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.