Principal Technical Artist - Art & Audio, Metaverse
Remote - UK /
Metaverse Group – Art & Audio /
Permanent Employee (PE)
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have a heavy involvement in the creation of Technical Art processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the Technical aspects of Art within the game.
- Be an example of ‘what good looks like’ within the Technical Art team.
- Improve the overall quality of all Technical Art features on the team by setting an example with their work and guiding others through constructive, creative feedback.
- Take ownership of complex or challenging Technical Art tasks, delivering on time and to a high level of quality.
- Be able to proactively support the Art team in regards to technical art support and guidance.
Why You're Made For This:
- Fundamentally a Technical Art Generalist with a wide breadth of skills and experience
- Master of the principles of Technical Art - a true subject matter expert including specialisation in at least 1 area of the technical art discipline (including but not limited to Environments, Characters, Pipelines & Workflows, Procedural Systems, Destruction, Game Engine Automation / Optimisation)
- Experienced in 2d & 3d Optimisation processes
- An expert in the processes involved in taking assets from conception to game integration
- Excellent understanding of how to set up art assets up in UE4 and capable of setting the technical benchmark for all assets in the game
- Knowledge and experience of setting up Material Networks and delivering Lighting solutions
- Working with pipelines that support multiple delivery platforms (PC, Console and Mobile)
- Exceptional skills in Art packages with mastery of at least of the following: - Autodesk, Maya, Python and or C++, Unreal Engine (UE4), with sound knowledge of some of the following DCC Tools and Pipelines: Blender, Houdini, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Perforce, Adobe Photoshop