Senior Sales Engineer - China
Business Development – Business Development
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
To become an expert in all things SpatialOS; every game engine and every programming language used in the industry. You're able to sit down with a veteran Unreal Developer and hold your own when talking about Blueprints vs C++. You can jam with a Unity developer at a hackathon and throw together toolchains for artists in a heartbeat. Building a C++ based distributed pathfinding library in a few days with a AAA studio should sound like a fun challenge. Optimising the UI rendering pipeline for a mobile game to eek out more clock cycles for the network thread should be a walk in the park.
Sample projects could include; two weeks to build a Unity mobile game to demo the mobile SDK to a client, or three weeks to create an Unreal shooter project to then spend one week hosting experienced Unreal developers and helping them implement whatever feature they want, being in every sales call as the technical backup and at every conference to explain what impact SpatialOS will have on a roadmap.
- Understanding the full stack of SpatialOS; from the underlying cloud agnostic infrastructure, all the way through to the Game Engine integrations we ship
- Explaining to people from all backgrounds (technical or otherwise) how SpatialOs works and why they should use it
- Building prototypes, demos and showcases quickly and expertly
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Shipped multiple games titles
- Expert skill in at least one of Unity, Unreal or a large proprietary C++ based engine
- Good knowledge of a game’s production lifecycle
- Experience working with multiple disciplines
- Fast to learn and pick up new things
- Expert communicator; strong ability for empathy and understanding
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.