Gaming and Production – Gaming and Production
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the platform, by producing a variety of playable demos, and technical showcases.
The technical art team defines and implements the systemic processes and pipelines by which the art content of the project is developed. You collaborate with all disciplines to drive the project's tools and pipelines in a manner both efficient and technically correct.
- Extensive experience with Maya or similar 3D package.
- Mastery of scripting languages (Python / MEL preferred).
- Unreal Engine or other commercial game engines experience a definite plus.
- The ability to define asset compliance within a PBR compliant pipeline a must.
- Experience with world building packages such as World Machine a plus. Experience with Speed Tree a plus.
- Experience in shader creation through a node based editor a plus.
The following would be advantageous:
- Passionate about playing games.
- Ability to communicate well verbally across disciplines.
- Demonstrable skillset through an online portfolio.
- Desire to mentor younger team members.
- Senior applicants: experience as a technical artist on at least 2 published console / PC titles.
- Junior / Graduate applicants: no published titles required, development experience a plus.
- Junior / Graduate candidates may be asked to demonstrate their ability through a technical test.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.