Senior Games Asset Artist
Gaming and Production – Gaming and Production
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As an Asset Artist with extensive prior games experience you will be working within the Creative and Games Development team at Improbable, creating art assets for internal game demos that promote SpatialOS across a varied range of game genres.
As these projects will vary in scope, art-style, fidelity, game engine and genre, there is a need to have a generalised set of skills and abilities across many art styles. For this role we expect extensive expertise in Asset Art alongside supporting skills in one or more of Environment Art/ Character Art/Shaders/Lighting/VFX. In addition we look for a broad cross discipline understanding of the fundamentals of art development in video games.
- 5+ years game development experience
- At least one shipped AAA title at a mid to high end game studio
- World class asset creation for both hero pieces and modular environmental sets
- Extensive high polygon modelling experience, both for organic and manmade objects
- Mastery of 3D art creation tools such as 3D Max/Maya, specifically for computer games
- Experience using Substance Designer/Painter, ZBrush and Photoshop
- Experience working with Unity and Unreal
- Experience using source control software such as Perforce/Git
- Strong working knowledge of building content for physically based lighting and shading
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience with specialised art tools like Marvelous Designer or World Machine
- Able to profile and heavily optimise game content to established budgets
- Good working knowledge of creating shaders, lighting and VFX
- Have developed for a range of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.