Business Development Lead
Business Development – Business Development
Improbable is a British technology company that focuses on large-scale simulations in the cloud. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness.
Improbable believes that China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of virtual worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community.
Improbable is working towards opening multiple offices within China and hiring the initial ‘founders’ of Improbable China; our core hub for APAC Operations. We are looking for individuals with a founder mentality to support Games Production, Business Development and Product Development. Initially the focus will be on SpatialOS, but we are also opening our China Office to explore new product opportunities in gaming.
Our first China office will be based in Guangzhou and we expect to expand to multiple locations over time, as we explore additional opportunities beyond the SpatialOS platform. There will be significant opportunities to work with our outstanding Product, Engineering and Commercial teams based in London, San Francisco and other APAC countries.
We are a multinational technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for cultivating and qualifying high-impact business opportunities within the games industry. You will leverage your existing network, along with generating leads through industry events, meetings and conferences to drive the adoption of SpatialOS amongst games studios.
Your day-to-day responsibilities might look something like this
- Developing and generating new business across the games industry, and drive the adoption of SpatialOS
- Identifying and prioritising development partners around the world that can take advantage of Improbable technology and build a pipeline of developers at different stages of the process
- Maintaining a curated portfolio of development partners working with Improbable technology, supported by Improbable game staff around the world across a variety of expected interaction levels
- Crafting business opportunities with other games-related partners around the world and finding new opportunities for cooperation
- Negotiating and facilitating the closing of contracts for these relationships
- Reputable business development leader from within the games industry, ideally with prior experience with a vendor or studio (e.g. cloud provider, console manufacturer etc)
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Has a games developer network with extensive connections in leading Chinese games companies
- Experienced selling to and working with C-Level and senior members of prospective clients
- Evidence of building cooperative, trusting and mutually beneficial relationships
- Strong networker and natural rapport builder
- Technically articulate
- Ability to accurately assess the risks in relationships and developments
- Have the potential to manage a larger business development team when required
- Ability to travel extensively within China, Japan and South Korea to bring SpatialOS to the gaming world
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.