Technical UI Designer - Midwinter Entertainment
Seattle, WA /
Gaming and Production – Midwinter Entertainment /
Permanent Employee (PE)
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Technical UI Designer to join our talented development team, based in Seattle but currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast.
We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something awesome in the Unreal Engine. If you are passionate about UI design, enjoy visual scripting and have a great looking design portfolio, we'd love to hear from you!
as a Technical UI Designer is to implement a wide variety of great looking UI components, screens, flows and widgets for our first game, Scavengers. You will use UMG Designer and Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4, and will optimize your work for performance, accessibility and inclusive design. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy.
Areas for Impact
- Implement, develop and optimize UI content in Unreal Engine using UMG Designer and Blueprint.
- Design UI components, screens, flows and widgets for key game features and systems.
- Develop deep empathy for our community and use their input and data to inform design solutions.
- Work closely with other developers and designers to create and continually improve UI across the game.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Recent Unreal Engine 4 and Game Industry experience.
- UI design experience and attention to detail, as demonstrated in a great looking design portfolio.
- Understanding and appreciation of UX principles as they relate to UI.
- Working knowledge of industry tools: UE4 UMG and Blueprint, Visual Scripting, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.