Senior Software Engineer (Virtual Training & Planning)
Engineering – Engineering
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
We are investing in creating a new ecosystem of technology and partners to create the most advanced Modelling and Simulation (as a service, or MSaaS) platform ever built. This platform will target initially military simulation, with a longer term focus on simulation across government. It will also incorporate a lot of the core research around probabilistic modelling techniques that we undertake.
Our core engineering teams are focussed on building complete product solutions to tough engineering problems including:
- External Game Engine and Physics Engine Integrations
- Enterprise Hosting including security and flexible deployability
- Augmented and Virtual Reality integrations and platform features
- Core scalability challenges including world size and entity complexity
We leverage Java, C++ and Golang and you will be afforded the opportunity to work across our technical stack, directly with partners or with our cloud infrastructure groups. We have a modern agile engineering environment that you can read more about here
Overview of our products here
- You will leverage your problem-solving and coding skills to engineer a brand-new platform, integrations and solutions to revolutionise how military commanders plan and train for the most challenging situations. We leverage Java, gRPC, Golang and more but offer full support if these aren't technologies you're familiar with.
- The nature of the work means a tight customer feedback loop and we're looking for candidates who want to delight their customers and building a pragmatic, creative and flexible way. We envision you with have a lot of exposure to key decision makers across multiple governments.
- Our solutions will leverage both game-based and AR/VR solutions so there is ample opportunity to learn and grow in these areas. Again experience is welcome but not a prerequisite.
- You will leverage your many years of experience building complex distributed systems to begin to own core aspects of our product, mentor others and lead projects as appropriate
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.