Metaverse Group – Commercial & Operations /
Permanent Employee (PE)
We are a British metaverse technology company that builds interconnected, immersive virtual worlds. Our technology, expertise, creativity and services help partners – including entertainment companies, game creators and public institutions – realise their ambitions in the metaverse.
It is our strong belief that the metaverse is an opportunity for positive change. It will help communities connect and exchange at scale, and evolve how we work, play and create. At Improbable, you’ll be surrounded by people motivated to solve the hard challenges that enable us to bring these transformative worlds to life and shape the future.
We are looking for an outsourcing manager to source, maintain and develop relationships with key strategic content creation and engineering companies in the games and metaverse industries.
- Owning our commercial relationships with outsourcing partners from negotiating contracts to managing the relationship.
- Partnering with all parts of Improbable’s business to understand their needs, identify the right outsourcer to work with, and managing the procurement.
- Ensuring budgets for projects are set and adhered to.
- Reviewing the outcomes of projects with our internal teams and outsourcing partners to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our outsourcers, and delivering feedback to partners to drive improvements where possible.
- Day-to-day management of the outsourced staff, including any asset acceptance, will not be part of this role as this will sit with the project team or business unit.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiencies in our projects and/or resourcing.
Why you're made for this:
- Previous experience collaborating with internal company teams to ensure that project goals, budgets, and deliverables are achieved at required quality
- Minimum 2 years outsource management experience
- Experience of leading outsourcing strategy in order to drive continuous improvement of the function
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and methodologies, including Agile
- In-depth understanding of games project life cycles
- Experience liaising with legal department to help draft contracts and amendments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.