Customer Support Engineer
Gaming and Production – Gaming and Production
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
In this role, you will be working with our engineering teams to take ownership of customer needs, by following up from tickets and communicating updates with and between internal teams.
You will be the face of Improbable for our customers, and you will be responsible for providing quick and sound responses to customer questions and issues.
You will be part of fostering a strong community around our open platform, to share ideas and support each other.
- Identifying and troubleshooting customer issues efficiently and accurately
- Taking ownership of customer needs by following up with tickets, and escalating internally where necessary
- Working with our internal engineering teams to triage technical issues
- Working with our community teams to collate feedback on our engine integrations, documentation, and tutorial content
- Engaging with our open platform community, and providing direct support to customers as well as engaging with the team to provide quick responses.
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assertive in following up with internal teams for customer issues
- Passionate about teaching and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrable organisational/process management skills
- Autonomous in picking up incoming tasks and taking ownership
- Empathetic and patient
The following would be advantageous:
- Games industry experience
- Production-facing software development experience
- Previous customer-facing support roles
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.