Customer Support Engineer
Gaming and Production – Gaming and Production
Improbable is a British technology company that focuses on large-scale simulations in the cloud. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness.
Improbable believes that China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of virtual worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community.
Improbable is working towards opening multiple offices within China and hiring the initial ‘founders’ of Improbable China; our core hub for APAC Operations. We are looking for individuals with a founder mentality to support Games Production, Business Development and Product Development. Initially the focus will be on SpatialOS, but we are also opening our China Office to explore new product opportunities in gaming.
Our first China office will be based in Guangzhou and we expect to expand to multiple locations over time, as we explore additional opportunities beyond the SpatialOS platform. There will be significant opportunities to work with our outstanding Product, Engineering and Commercial teams based in London, San Francisco and other APAC countries.
We are a multinational technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
In this role, you will be working with our engineering teams to take ownership of customer needs, by following up from tickets and communicating updates with and between internal teams. You will be the face of Improbable for our customers, and you will be responsible for providing quick and sound responses to customer questions and issues.You will be part of fostering a strong community around our open platform, to share ideas and support each other.
- Identifying and troubleshooting customer issues efficiently and accurately
- Taking ownership of customer needs by following up with tickets, and escalating internally where necessary
- Working with our internal engineering teams to triage technical issues
- Working with our community teams to collate feedback on our engine integrations, documentation, and tutorial content
- Engaging with our open platform community, and providing direct support to customers as well as engaging with the team to provide quick responses
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assertive in following up with internal teams for customer issues
- Passionate about teaching and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrable organisational/process management skills
- Autonomous in picking up incoming tasks and taking ownership
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Familiar with a programming language such as C#,C++, Python
The following would be advantageous
- Games industry experience
- Production-facing software development experience
- Previous customer-facing support roles
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.