Quality Assurance Engineer (Metaverse)
Remote - Netherlands /
GCU UK – Improbable Games UK /
Permanent Employee (PE)
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer embedded in a feature development team you will lead the quality strategy, implement any testing requirements based on the feature/system in develop, acting as the team’s testing expert and mentor. Your relentlessly high standards will enable teams to test, release and operate their products quickly, reliably, repeatedly, safely.
You will put in place feedback loops to keep your team informed of the quality of their products throughout the SDLC and work closely with customers to understand their requirements and implement solutions.
Aeas For Impact:
- With your passion for quality, you will act to measure, improve, and maintain product quality and reliability.
- Able to implement any automated tests, establish workflow/pipelines, refinement of existing code/process/systems to improve the quality of the product or process.
- Helping to grow a best in class Quality organisation, developing and mentoring the talent that we hire.
- Educate teams on the software development best practices via consultancy, communities of practice and bottom up grassroots practices.
- Mentoring developers and more junior testers in building testing and integration practices.
- You’ll utilise your strong communications skills to influence best practice across multiple teams Playing a significant role in helping teams develop solutions to create a more robust automated testing environment.
- Bringing cloud environment experience, you’ll champion quality and testing best practice at scale.
- Working closely with our customers to help foster a culture of customer empathy within teams when developing solutions.
- Analyse and define quality metrics for teams and identify trends to suggest potential fixes in order to improve quality and reduce future defects.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Background in developing new processes in order to improve product quality
- Experience with creating reports and tracking the health of projects over time
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience building documentation and guidance for your teammates
- Bias towards automated testing, but recognise and act when manual testing is required
- You understand that quality means more than just testing
- Reviewing design proposals, acceptance criteria and processes, and recommend improvement
- .Push quality assurance efforts upstream in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), where discovering and fixing defects is cheaper
- A passion for fostering a culture of quality in your team
- Experienced with networking services (i.e. Kubernetes, Google GCP or Amazon AWS).Experience creating test plans and strategies to highlight resourcing requirements, product risks and contingency plans
- Experience of testing in production - utilizing telemetry, monitoring, customer feedback and other methods to determine product quality post release
- Experience in programming or scripting languages such as Go or Typescript
- Experience in game development process
- Experience in using any game engine testing tools or familiar in developing testing levels as a testing mechanism
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.