Senior Gameplay Programmer - Gameplay, Metaverse
Remote - Poland /
Metaverse Group – Engineering & Gameplay /
Permanent Employee (PE)
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of software processes, pipelines, and discipline
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes
- Create high quality gameplay content within industry standard timelines
- Ability to own a feature from receiving the design spec, through system design and implementation
- Own a discrete area of the game and execute on it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: Animation, Gameplay Features, Networking, Character Control etc
- Mentor more junior programmers
Why You Were Made for This:
- Expert in a Gameplay Programmer skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process
- Understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development to a high level
- Driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology
- Able to identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve software development process or discipline
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable) and C++Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members
- Able to architect systems that consider the perspective of the wider team
- Lead by example, through your work other engineers should understand best practices
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.