Cyber Security Engineer
Defence - PMO & Operations – Defence /
Permanent Employee (PE)
The Defence Security Team looks to support all the teams across Defence and National Security Business, meet objectives in the most secure manner possible. We work closely with a Core Security Team, IT and Engineering teams to identify and protect all assets from malicious threats and detect, respond or recover to a range of security incidents.
We develop processes and manage security risks across three core domains for the Defence Unit - Cyber, Personnel and Physical. Due to the tailored security requirements of our customers, the team plays a key role in applying robust security controls for defined outputs and maintaining bespoke assurance requirements. The team also plays a key role in developing an effective security culture across technical and non-technical business functions whilst upholding the core values of Improbable.
- You will be a trusted source of expertise across identity and access management services within the business
- You will identify gaps insecurity visibility and work together with the engineering functions of the business to improve coverage.
- You will work closely with the business and engineering teams to ensure their tools and services are secure.
- You will explore new technologies and functionality of existing systems to help continuously improve our processes.
Why You're Made For This:
- You have experience with SAAS workspace applications and the use of adaptable configuration controls to uphold proportionate security measures.
- Basic scripting experience including with XDR software.
- Awareness of, or have worked with opensource Security tools such as Osquery or Santa
- You have been involved in incident response.
- You have worked in a SOC or leveraged a SIEM.
- You have worked with SOAR platforms or security automation systems.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or Puppet.
- An interest in the inner workings of enterprise platforms such as Google Workspace and Azure Active Directory.
- You’re customer focussed and enjoy solving problems to help teams succeed.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.