Head of Corporate Communications
Marketing – Marketing /
Permanent Employee (PE)
We are a British metaverse technology company that builds interconnected, immersive virtual worlds. Our technology, expertise, creativity and services help partners – including entertainment companies, game creators and public institutions – realise their ambitions in the metaverse.
It is our strong belief that the metaverse is an opportunity for positive change. It will help communities connect and exchange at scale, and evolve how we work, play and create. At Improbable, you’ll be surrounded by people motivated to solve the hard challenges that enable us to bring these transformative worlds to life and shape the future.
Through consistent communication of Improbable’s vision and narrative on incredible tech, the metaverse and creative partnerships, we help people understand the company’s goals, direction and evolution. In promoting the image of Improbable as a metaverse and Web3 leader, we defend and enhance Improbable’s reputation. Through placement in a range of thought leadership events, media, CEO appearances on television and radio to press releases, digital campaigns and the management of our communities on social media channels, we grow the reach for our message.
- Manage and support all matters of Corporate Communications, provide for a bridge between internal and external communications matters, oversight and coordination of the various efforts and projects initiated within the team.
- Design and roll out thought leadership and media strategies encompassing traditional media / social media / blogs / podcasts, influencers, industry associates etc. and manage agencies and direct relationships as part of the outreach.
- Develop content stories, and materials tied to PR or brand objectives.
- Understand the big picture, how to best support IO strategic and business challenges, and drive impact.
Why You're Made for This:
- At least 7 years of experience in fast paced environments (technology first companies experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coordination skills & ability to work cross functionally with a variety of internal/external stakeholders
- Able to apply a delicate ‘touch’ when pitching highly technical material to journalists or writing strategic internal communications
- Strong broader knowledge of the Tech media landscape (strong personal network is highly desirable)
- A team player, who can roll up their sleeves and support efforts outside of their direct remit
- Ability to successfully own and measure performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and tracking campaigns success
- A degree in Literature, International Relations, Philosophy is highly preferable
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.