Senior Technical Animator
Remote - UK /
The Multiplayer Group – Art /
Permanent Employee (PE)
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are recruiting a Senior Technical Animator to help MPG deliver the best possible Animation solution for our games.
You are a skilled and experienced individual, supporting the art team. You should have solid experience working with the engine. You are comfortable creating amazing rigs. Developing animation pipeline systems, across a wide range of styles and projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Define a strategic character rigging & animation vision for a wide range of projects.
- Create tools for artists and animators using the moderate scripting languages MEL/ Python.
- Developing the appropriate optimise animation pipelines and engine-related procedures.
- Create rigs for characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles and props and maintain them throughout the production.
- Developing a pipeline that achieves high visual quality and performance.
- Keeping your team up to date on progress and providing time estimates for work.
- Responsible for managing your own time and workload.
- Open to mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the animation team.
- Take part in art reviews and processes, providing feedback on ideas and art.
What we'll need from you:
- Have a high level of quality work. taking on constructive criticism where necessary.
- Ability to support many stages of animation development, from pre-production to final.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or equivalent, specialising in rigging/skinning.
- Strong Creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Develop tools to help improve the animation Pipeline.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills. able to interact with team members of different disciplines and solve creative problems.
- Experienced and knowledgeable when working with engines (i.e. physics constraints for characters)
- Understand in-game optimisation and performance, whilst understanding animation and gameplay intentions within projects.
What would help:
- Programming and scripting language. (C# or C++).
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Experience in direct communication with clients.
- Experience managing artists.