Senior Technical Delivery Manager
Engineering – Engineering
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
A Technical Delivery Manager helps self-organising teams achieve company goals with just enough process to be predictable, scalable and continuously improving
As a Technical Delivery Manager at Improbable, your role sits cross-functionally across our engineering, marketing and customer-facing teams in the Games Business Unit. You are responsible for empowering teams to support the delivery of multiple projects as they anticipate and mitigate risks, track and communicate timelines to the wider business and leadership, and continuously evolve their roadmap to align with the company strategy.
As Technical Delivery Managers, we have four key values:
- Structured Improvement: we define and iterate frameworks that enable our divisions to deliver company goals; these frameworks are the abstraction layer between engineering processes and those from the wider business, and allow to tie in company goals to our product deliverables.
- Transparent Communication: we create communication hubs through which information flows; whether this is a status, a risk, a trade-off made or a learning, we ensure it is shared to all relevant parties in a transparent and constructive way.
- Facilitate Collaboration: we provide guidance for cross-engineering collaboration to ensure it’s effective, by defining process that allows multiple teams to innovate and deliver projects in unison.
- Inspire Trust: we inspire trust by being helpful, positive and impartial, influencing our surroundings without authority. We are a voice a reassurance when things go wrong, focused on finding solutions and mitigating impact.
- Deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles, at the level of the principles and values to enable appropriate application as well as innovation
- An ability to impart your experience, knowledge and guidance to help grow others in the same or similar knowledge domains
- Strong desire to get your hands dirty architecting, designing or performing other technical practices (e.g. Extreme Programming), with a focus on promoting technical craftsmanship
- Experience facilitating and leading a continual planning processes in a very complex and exciting environment
- Proven experience on achieving goals and hitting deadlines, based on company wide objectives, regardless of the obstacles
- Help develop, and be a part of, the Delivery Community at Improbable, challenging and improving processes to increase effectiveness of a team or division
- Ability to facilitate, catalyse and lead organisational change and transformation, drawing on change management, organisation culture, organisation development and systems thinking
- High level of emotional intelligence, excellent communication skills, ability to listen with empathy and enabling people to act by increasing insight
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.