Events Marketing Manager, APAC
Marketing – Marketing
Improbable is a British technology company that focuses on large-scale simulations in the cloud. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness.
Improbable believes that China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of virtual worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community.
Improbable is working towards opening multiple offices within China and hiring the initial ‘founders’ of Improbable China; our core hub for APAC Operations. We are looking for individuals with a founder mentality to support Games Production, Business Development and Product Development. Initially the focus will be on SpatialOS, but we are also opening our China Office to explore new product opportunities in gaming.
Our first China office will be based in Guangzhou and we expect to expand to multiple locations over time, as we explore additional opportunities beyond the SpatialOS platform. There will be significant opportunities to work with our outstanding Product, Engineering and Commercial teams based in London, San Francisco and other APAC countries.
We are a multinational technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
Improbable have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and determined China Marketing Event Manager to join our growing marketing team. Working from our local office in Shanghai, you’ll collaborate with various teams across the company to plan and manage events. You will manage a range of projects, predominantly the marketing, planning and execution of many event types, including, large scale and small scale exhibition sponsorships, experiential events, workshops, game jams, hackathons and community events. The ideal candidate will have a background in managing and marketing experiential events in the tech sector.
- Build out Improbable’s strategic events programme in China based on company priorities, product plans, and partner shipping timelines
- Develop the capability to execute on our events programme
- Produce event projects from brief, through to creative delivery and reconciliation
- Detailed budget owner and manager; research, build and reconcile
- Manages any Improbable first-party marketing events from concept, positioning, comms plans and launch, through to creative delivery, reconciliation and measurement
- Assists with sponsorship execution, logistics and contracts, both large and small scale
- Maintain relationships with venues, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Creating detailed budgets, work back schedules, options presentations, briefing materials, onsite event plans, run of show and full onsite event delivery plans
- Measuring ROI and event performance and contribute to continuous evaluation of our measuring for ROI on event performance
- Proven experience successfully managing, marketing and executing events (must have experience in the tech and/or gaming sector)
- Must have experience internally at a tech/gaming company driving strategic event series and projects (this job is not suited to someone with agency experience only)
- Experience leading own-hosted event series on a global scale
- Adaptable to work on very small up to very large scale projects
- Flexibility to travel, as needed (up to 30% travel)
- Excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Expert project coordination and management skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with large event sponsorship ie E3, China Joy, EGX, SXSW, GDC
- Experience in working with C-Level stakeholdersExperience working in Europe, USA and SEA highly desirable
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Fluency with Google applications and event tools such as Splashthat and Eventbrite
- Familiarity with working with tech tools such as Atlassian Jira / Confluence and Salesforce
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.