Technical Product Manager
Washington DC /
Product – Product Management /
Permanent Employee (PE)
Improbable Defense has a vision to end unnecessary war. We believe that the grand scale adoption of single synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good. New levels of whole force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war, contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of unnecessary human conflict.
Improbable Defense develops a software platform that enables the creation of these single synthetic environments, with the aim of providing truly full spectrum synthetic training and planning across the three levels of war. This will ultimately make defense users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain operations and plummet the cost of military preparedness.
Single synthetic environments give decision makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for and prevail in any conflict. Improbable’s platform architecture provides the defense industry access to new market opportunities through a synthetic content ecosystem, enabling defense developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient, and iterative way.
As a Technical Product Manager in Defense at Improbable, you will drive the growth of components within our best-in-class simulation platform. You will gather and synthesize detailed feedback from potential and existing customers, as well as work with simulation and modeling partners and consultancies, to define elements of the product roadmap and functional requirements for real-world applications built and run on Improbable’s technology.
Areas for Impact
- Develop and continually refine the vision and value proposition for components of the platform
- Champion the platforms’ customers internally and create a tight feedback loop with internal engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Lead market research and position conversations to ensure viable product components and balanced growth opportunities
- Define and document product requirements and roadmaps for execution and sales, collaborating with cross-functional teams for every stage of product development
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with any of the following
- You have production experience shaping products for a Developer persona (APIs, SDKs, etc.) and understand the pain points common to a Developer experience.
- You have experience using data-driven decision making in the product prioritization and development process.
- You have experience as the subject matter expert on a highly technical product and can effectively communicate specifications and benefits to less technical colleagues.
- You have a number of years experience working directly with the US Federal market (including delivering products and services to the US Defense and National Security community).
- You have technical competence and understanding of deploying applications on *aaS.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.