Gaming and Production – Gaming and Production
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the platform, by producing a variety of playable demos, and technical showcases.
The character art team builds best in class characters and creatures in conjunction with the technical animation team and the project art director. You collaborate with all disciplines to drive the aesthetic vision in a manner both beautiful and technically correct.
- Extensive experience with Maya, zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer.
- Unreal Engine or other commercial game engines experience a benefit.
- Mastery of both hard surface and organic 3D modeling.
- Applicant must have experience with PBR compliant workflows.
You will relate heavily to the following profile:
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy.
- Passionate about playing games.
- Ability to communicate well verbally across disciplines.
- Demonstrable skillset through an online portfolio.
- Desire to mentor younger team members.
- Senior applicants: experience as an animator on at least 2 published console / PC titles.
- Junior / Graduate applicants: no published titles required, development experience a plus.
- Junior / Graduate candidates may be asked to demonstrate their ability through an art test.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.