Senior UI Engineer
Seattle, WA /
GCU Midwinter – Midwinter Entertainment /
Permanent Employee (PE)
as a multi-talented UI Engineer in our West Coast studio is to create advanced UI systems using Unreal Engine 4 that will directly contribute to the success of our first title, Scavengers.
You will join a highly experienced team of engineers with a lot of drive and energy. Within this small team you’ll have the opportunity for your work and effort to have a significant impact on the games we make.
Areas for Impact
- Leveraging your problem-solving capabilities to find answers to challenging, complex technical problems.
- Using your strong communication skills to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Maintaining features, shipping quality C++ code, and creating solid, bug-free systems through your thorough understanding of 3D math, debugging, and performance.
- Maintaining and expanding the UI stack for our first title through your prior experience working with similar systems.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- 1+ years of game industry experience
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- Professional experience working with UI systems in Unreal Engine 4 (or similar)
- 1+ shipped console games (an asset)
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.