Senior Build Engineer - Metaverse
Remote - UK /
Metaverse Group – M2 /
Permanent Employee (PE)
At Improbable, we’ve been venturing into unexplored territory for over a decade, seeking new ways to connect people and amplify their lives. We’re shaping virtual worlds of unprecedented scale for the gaming, web3, and related sectors, creating world-changing technology from Morpheus to M2. With us, you’ll tackle questions that no one else is asking and find answers that define the future.
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
The ways that we develop, test, iterate and deliver our Metaverse experiences at Improbable are critical to our success. We need to create or adapt solutions that are flexible enough to accommodate a large variety of games, game-like content, technologies, teams and approaches. The solutions we apply must also reduce duplicated effort through sharing and re-use. It’s a fine line to walk and requires experience, pragmatism and empathy. Our ultimate goal is to industrialize our game development tools and processes, allowing us to experiment and deliver at a massive scale.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of development processes, CI pipelines, and workflows, focused on game engines and their components
- Architect infrastructure to support a growing customer base and adapt to changing customer requirements. Creating a platform for fast game development for many teams
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the build systems and pipelines used within the project, using data-driven metrics as the guiding source of truth
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes as well as passing this discipline to serviced customers
- Own a discrete area of the build system and execute it with a high degree of quality, e.g: CI features, automated testing, build tools
- Mentor junior engineers
Why You're Made for This:
- Experience with source control, CI, bug tracking, automated testing, build engineering, Jira etc) with successful projects that show an end-to-end understanding of the process
- Ability to integrate directly into customer teams to optimize their delivery models and set them up for future success
- Prototype and rapid iteration mentality, using pragmatic delivery methods to have a fast impact and quickly identify the best solution for a problem
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with, or an understanding of Perforce (preferable)
- Experience with any popular cloud hosting provider (AWS, GCP, Azure), preferable
- Ability to mentor and create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior team members
- Skilled in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc)
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.