Business Development – Business Development
Improbable is a British technology company that focuses on large-scale simulations in the cloud. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness.
Improbable believes that China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of virtual worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community.
Improbable is working towards opening multiple offices within China and hiring the initial ‘founders’ of Improbable China; our core hub for APAC Operations. We are looking for individuals with a founder mentality to support Games Production, Business Development and Product Development. Initially the focus will be on SpatialOS, but we are also opening our China Office to explore new product opportunities in gaming.
Our first China office will be based in Guangzhou and we expect to expand to multiple locations over time, as we explore additional opportunities beyond the SpatialOS platform. There will be significant opportunities to work with our outstanding Product, Engineering and Commercial teams based in London, San Francisco and other APAC countries.
We are a multinational technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As Account Director, you will be responsible for managing and growing our largest accounts within the games industry. Your role will involve working with our strategic accounts, focussing on driving further adoption of SpatialOS across studios within the account, and working with them to bring games to market. You will be truly embedded within the accounts you support, and will be responsible for building and nurturing deep relationships across the organisation.
One of the most important aspects of the role will be your ability to align key decision makers and senior stakeholders within large studios and game publishers. This will include working with production partners, creative and art teams, through to business development and marketing, to ensure a cadence of understanding and delivery. This role is integral in our ability to enhance and develop relationships within large accounts, which will provide further commercial opportunities.
- Able to nurture nascent relationships, understand the vision of other companies and accurately convey feedback to both product and business teams
- Full professional proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Experience working with multiple accounts for a complex technical product
- Experienced in building business relationships, ideally to have experience working in both international and domestic (China) market
- Self driven, is able to push yourself to complete complicated and difficult task without much oversight or goal setting.
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Highly empathetic and able to build lasting relationships
- Creative, entrepreneurial streak
The following competencies would be advantageous:
- Experience working with Western and Chinese Games studios
- Preferably to have experience working in/with Tencent
- Strong strategic thinking traits with a clear view of the bigger picture
- Strong self-awareness, understand your own weak points and has a clear strategy to improve them
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.