Sr Hard Surface Artist
San Francisco, CA
Impulse Gear is a leading VR Game Studio in San Francisco CA. We released our first VR Game called Farpoint in May of 2017 which has been well received by Core Gamers worldwide. Founded in 2013, our studio is comprised of exceptional game development talent from both the AAA and Mobile Game industry. Our core team has over 40 years of game development experience working on some of the largest and most successful titles in our industry’s history. We are looking for game developers who want to solve unique and interesting challenges, and want to have the ability to make a significant impact on future titles we are developing. We value fast iteration and people who take initiative and love to learn!
Here is a link to our story trailer for Farpoint - http://tinyurl.com/ya93yvqv
- 3-5+ years of professional game development experience
- Expert level experience with Maya, 3ds Max, or Modo or equivalent
- Proficient with Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.
- Portfolio should demonstrate strong subdivision modeling, efficient low poly modeling, and strong material design
- Strong sense of hard surface design and shape language, and material definition
- Experience with first person shooter weapon modeling
- Understanding of modular weapons design is a plus
- Ability to design content without the need for well defined concepts
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Willingness and ability to give and receive artistic criticism
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Desire to work on Virtual Reality games
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- Collaborate with concept artists, designers, and art director to develop unique, functional hard surface designs
- Create a variety of weapon, and vehicle models and materials for our upcoming project
- Assist in prop creation as needed
- Develop techniques to overcome art related challenges unique to the virtual reality
- Work independently to complete projects with limited supervision
- Be tightly integrated into the team and proactively gather requirements across disciplinary boundaries
- Always be learning and staying current with new techniques in the art of making games
Impulse Gear is a leading VR game development studio, solving unique problems and bringing new creative ideas to our industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, with stock options, along with top end health coverage and other benefits. We are located in the heart of San Francisco, close to BART and many restaurants. We have a fun collaborative team, and are committed to ensuring our employees success.
Impulse Gear is committed to an inclusive and diverse employee base, and is an equal opportunity employer.