Head of Finance
France - Paris or remote /
Finance – Finance /
WHO WE ARE
Inato is a tech-for-good company striving to bring clinical research to each and every patient, regardless of who they are or where they live. To do this, we are building the world's first clinical trial marketplace to create greater visibility, access, and engagement across a more diverse population of doctors and their patients.
Drug development is a challenging, intellectually complex, and rewarding endeavor: we enable global pharmaceutical companies and clinical researchers to more efficiently work together when developing effective treatments for diseases affecting millions of people. The marketplace currently offers clinical trials from leading companies to over 800 sites across the globe. And we are well poised for growth in 2022.
We have a growing team of passionate pharmaceutical experts and software engineers, professional service members, and many more - all bringing their unique perspective to solve the challenges facing clinical research. Our team members live by our company values to be bold, resilient, caring, and pragmatic. If this sounds like you, join us!
As our first member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for putting every tracker in place to follow the health of our company, structure our finance globally (France and US), and hire a team to achieve our objectives.
This is a strategic role for Inato: our finance system is as complex as it is interesting, based on fix and success fees. You would join the team at a very pivotal moment for the business: we aim to raise our Series B in Q3 2022 (after a 14M$ Serie A in 2020).
You will report directly to the CEO and already have a team member to manage.
Some important KPIs:
- 0 to multimillion euros booked turnover growth over 12 months
- Over half a dozen clients out of the top 30 pharma companies
- Over a dozen contracts
- All contracts are complex and are based on the Total Contracted Value.
- Typical contract: 200K€ spread over time and divided into different success factors.
- The Head of Finance will be responsible for all reporting activities, including accounting review, budget process, internal and external reporting.
- Prepare budget in coordination with all managers on a yearly basis and re-forecast once or twice a year if necessary
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Be responsible for cash runway as soon as necessary
- Perform detailed financial analysis per nature, per functions and per projects
- Ensure all financial information reported is strictly in line with the accounting records
- Manage monthly cash report and quarterly reporting with Office Manager
- Develop performance measures, KPIs, that support the company's strategic direction
- Assist CEO in developing Board and Corporate Governance strategy
- Analyse financial data actual versus budget
- Challenge budget with current figures
- Make recommendation on cost
- Participate in the implementation of strategic business plans
- Challenge accounting records and operations handled by chartered accountants (one for the French entity and another for the US entity)
- Comply with French accounting rules
- Monitor and analyse accounting on a monthly basis
- Manage communication with third parties as chartered accountants, payroll, banks, Research Tax Credit consultant (CIR)
- Facilitate auditor’s requests by providing necessary information as needed
- Collaborate and review draft of statutory financial statements and tax requirements for France and the US
- Internal procedures
- Identify areas of risk management and improvement
- Implement operational best practices
- Review the finance part of material contracts of revenue and expenses
- Ensure that finance policies, processes, and business practices are compliant and are maintained
- Encourage other employees to adhere to internal procedures and standards
- Work as a business partner and provide financial support with all projects and cost centers managers
- 5-7 years minimum of experience in Finance, ideally with a previous experience in a BtoB scaleup or in corporate banking, M&A or FP&A
- XP in SaaS/Data BtoB businesses would be nice to understand our model.
- Experience working with the US.
- Fluent English (both written and oral) is mandatory. The level of the candidates will be tested.
Why join us?
- Have a positive and strong impact, working in a "tech for good" company
- Grow within a cohesive team of bold, resilient, pragmatic, and caring colleagues.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first philosophy
- Full transparency internal communication
- Amazing office with an incredible view in the center of Paris if this is important for you
- Flexible hours
- Top-of-the-line gear
- Free books and learning material
- Modern free health insurance (Alan blue)
- Contribution to healthy activities (Gymlib)
- Compensatory time (RTT)
- Luncheon voucher (Swile)
Great working conditions:
Inato is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
HR Business Partner