Editorial – Editorial
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world - both online and IRL - a brighter place.
We are Likemind.
Join the wonder.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for multiple Staff Writers to author content for exciting gamified brands focused on such topics as travel, animals, science, history, general trivia, vocabulary, and more. In this role, you’ll be tasked with creating content that’s interactive, fun, and illuminating, and translates to increased brand awareness, user engagement, and audience growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write daily content — trivia questions, articles, quizzes, headlines, subject lines — across multiple brands
- Take on assignments from editors, pitch and develop smart, novel ideas of your own
- Work closely with assigning editors, photo editors, fellow writers and other colleagues on ideation, finessing copy, and honing the editorial process
- Help establish and hone a brand voice that is consistent, compelling, and distinctive
- Develop franchises, new content types, and brand expansion concepts
- Merge editorial artistry and creativity with data science to author experiences that engage our audience, improve key metrics, and drive revenue
- Faithfully translate company mission, core values into everyday tasks and projects
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of voice
- An obsession with solid, crisp first drafts
- Hunger and metabolism for (good!) work in a fast-paced editorial operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in writing, communications, marketing, or other related fields
- 5+ years writing a consumer-facing digital brand or vertical
- Proficient knowledge of email marketing
- Experience and interest in building and curating gamified educational experiences
- A passion for learning, knowledge-sharing, and the optimistic potential of the internet
- Curiosity, expertise and/or ability to quickly soak up knowledge on a broad range of topics
- Proven track record for smart, consistent editorial idea generation
- Intuitive understanding of social media platforms, and keen awareness for what makes content viral
- Ability to stay organized and tackle multiple tasks at a time
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!