Customer and Technical Support Representative
Brand – Brand /
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world - both online and IRL - a brighter place. We are Likemind, join the wonder!
What you can expect...
As a Customer and Technical Support Representative, you will be at the forefront of interacting with our subscribers. You will be responsible for handling escalated customer inquiries, investigating and reporting on technical issues, educating users on our platform, and working with the rest of the technical investigation team to identify, prioritize, and troubleshoot technical issues. This role will have a split focus between processing and responding to general escalated subscriber emails and handling technical support emails. You must have a knack for problem-solving and patient communication as well as a strong interest in working in a fast-paced, evolving, and remote start-up environment. If you love helping people and facing new challenges every day, this may be the role for you!
In this role, you will...
- Sort, filter, and tag emails escalated by other members of the Customer Support Team
- Build new email response templates
- Respond to escalated emails and perform any associated action items/follow-up within team SLA (service level agreement) standards
- Further escalate emails to team manager when necessary
- Identify and gather data on technical bugs
- Work with subscribers/customers to attain necessary information for troubleshooting technical issues/bugs, while remaining patient, communicative, empathetic, and professional
- Meet regularly with engineers and project managers to diagnose, debug, and troubleshoot technical bugs/user experience issues
- Build reports of technical bugs/user experience issues when necessary
- Perform additional ad-hoc reporting and data visualization support
- Follow up with stakeholders and others to close out technical issues
- Other duties as assigned by management
Who we are looking for...
- English fluency, both spoken and written
- Previous experience in customer support is preferred
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with customers of all demographics; strong desire to help solve customer problems and follow through
- Ability to effectively communicate customer priorities and issues to internal management across teams
- Patience and empathy in working with subscribers; the ability to explain a concept in different ways until a user understands is absolutely critical
- Flexible, innovative, and able to produce detail-oriented work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong focus on Quality Assurance (QA)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and help determine priorities based on time, complexity, and availability; strong time management skills
- Must feel comfortable working in a technical environment with the ability to identify, de-bug, and close the loop on technical issues
What's in it for you...
- Learning and Development opportunities with subject matter experts
- Competitive Base Salaries
- Generous Healthcare, Dental, and Vision for employee plus dependents
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere around the world
- 401K matching
- 16 weeks Parental Leave
- $15,000 Adoption Assistance
- Equity Program
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Wellness Programs and reimbursement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Remote office set up $300 allotment
- State of the art technology and office set up
- Audible subscription + Bose Headphones
When you apply, we kindly ask you to remove your schools from your resume. There is no need to reformat your resume and you may leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). Just remember to remove any undergraduate and graduate school name references where possible. This “counter bias” process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates; reviewing applicants on performance assessments instead of resume proxies (e.g. where you went to school).
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!