Content – Content /
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world - both online and IRL - a brighter place. We are Likemind, join the wonder!
As Staff Editor, you will join a dynamic editorial team with fresh ideas and diverse perspectives. Your day-to-day will involve overseeing the production and organization of all content for Trivia Genius and its companion brand, Trivia Daily. You will work closely with both in-house staff editors and freelance writers to bring a level of polish and authority to our portfolio.
In this role, you will...
- Imagine, assign, and edit written editorial content — trivia questions, articles, quizzes, headlines, subject lines — for general trivia brands Trivia Genius and Trivia Daily
- Build and program a weekly/monthly editorial calendar
- Oversee the ever-growing database of content to ensure accuracy and brand alignment
- Establish and implement a brand voice that is consistent, compelling, and distinctive
- Recruit and manage freelance writers, providing guidance as needed and making sure all contributors understand and adhere to the brand voice
- Merge editorial creativity with data science to curate experiences that engage our audience, improve key metrics, and drive revenue
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Content Team (design, audience experience) to improve and innovate your brands and editorial content
- Brainstorm for and collaborate with other editorial colleagues on additional brands as needed
- Faithfully translate the company mission and core values into everyday tasks and projects
Who we're looking for...
- Interest and experience in general trivia, gamified content, and e-learning
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized, and tackle multiple tasks at a time
- Proven aptitude as a detail-driven editor with high standards for prose and accuracy
- A leader who’s self-sufficient, independent, and confident working in a remote, WFH setting
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with writers and managing freelancers
- Ability to produce content that results in high engagement, and keen awareness for what makes content viral (images for social, article titles, etc.)
- Experience/interest in email and performance marketing
- Experience with Wordpress and/or Ghost
- Understanding of AP style
What is in it for you...
- Learning and Development opportunities with subject matter experts
- Competitive Base Salaries
- Generous Healthcare, Dental, and Vision for employee plus dependents
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere around the world
- 401K matching
- 16 weeks Parental Leave
- $15,000 Adoption Assistance
- Equity Program
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Wellness Programs and reimbursement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Remote office set up $300 allotment
- State of the art technology and office set up
- Audible subscription + Bose Headphones
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!