Staff Accountant - Temp to Perm
Finance – Finance /
Pardon Inc. is a modern family office - a holding company that manages a portfolio of businesses and nonprofits, including several that were founded by Nicholas Pardon himself. In addition to financial backing, entities in the portfolio are supported by the company’s internal creative studio, which is also where Nicholas’ new business ideas are developed.
Currently, the largest venture in the portfolio is Likemind, a digital learning company that is anticipated to grow from $20M topline to $45M over the next 3-4 years. Other original ventures in the ecosystem are a fine arts organization, a digital travel magazine, and several commercial real estate properties. In the next few years, the portfolio is expected to grow substantially, as more ventures are launched and more investments made.
What you can expect...
As Staff Accountant you will work closely with the Senior Accountant as well as the rest of the Finance team making sure accurate and timely financial records are available. As a team member you will aid in completion of timely close, a clean general ledger, reconciled accounts, detailed reporting and accurate billing. Our team & the company move quickly, so there is lots of room for projects and additional growth. It is an exciting opportunity to gain accountancy skills and applications.
In this role you will...
- Prepare Journal Entries throughout the month
- Aid in Payable and Receivable maintenance
- Assist the team through Monthly & Quarterly Close
- Organize & Update Financial Records
- Reconcile Accounts against the Balance Sheet
- Maintain General Ledger
- Work with other departments to help create financial solutions and reporting
Who we’re looking for..
- Eager to learn accounting application
- Attention to detail
- Strong Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding of GAAP
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently
- Good Time Management
- Curious Mind
- Passion in mathematics and/or accountancy
- The position will operate remotely
What’s in it for you…
- Learning and Development opportunities with subject matter experts
- Competitive Compensation
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere around the world
- 401K matching
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!