Staff Writer, Trivia
Content – Content /
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world - both online and IRL - a brighter place. We are Likemind, join the wonder!
As Staff Writer, Trivia, you will join the dynamic editorial team behind Likemind’s growing portfolio of newsletter-driven brands devoted to gamefied learning. Your responsibilities will include writing and pitching a healthy volume of wide-ranging trivia questions and quizzes played by millions of subscribers daily.
In this role, you will…
- Write trivia questions and answers, quizzes, and other copy pieces (articles, blurbs, etc) as assigned
- Constantly pitch ideas, contribute to edit team brainstorms
- Collaborate with staff editors on copy revisions and rewrites when needed
- Work to develop and maintain unique voice and tone for each brand
- Write sample copy / preparatory for upcoming brand launches
Who we’re looking for...
- Previous editorial experience at a digital publisher
- Previous experience writing and pitching trivia questions and quizzes
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Extensive portfolio of published clips
- High standards for prose and accuracy
- Understanding of AP style
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Versatility, ability to quickly adapt to different content formats/lengths, cover different topics and cater to distinct audiences
- Interest in performance marketing, newsletters, and gamified learning
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
What's in it for you...
- Learning and Development opportunities with subject matter experts
- Competitive Base Salaries
- Generous Healthcare, Dental, and Vision for employee plus dependents
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere around the world
- 401K matching
- 16 weeks Parental Leave
- $15,000 Adoption Assistance
- Equity Program
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Wellness Programs and reimbursement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Remote office set up $300 allotment
- State of the art technology and office set up
- Audible subscription + Bose Headphones
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!