Studio – Studio /
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world - both online and IRL - a brighter place. We are Likemind, join the wonder!
As a Staff Writer, you will join the creative team responsible for developing new Likemind brands. Your responsibilities will include leveraging insight to craft the voice, sample content, and editorial direction for these brands. You’ll also assist in onboarding an editor to manage each brand, ensuring they understand the editorial goals and can execute them. You will be part of a fast-paced team that dreams big and works hard to bring those dreams to life.
In this role, you will...
- Develop the voice of new brands, ensuring each resonates with the target audience
- Define the editorial mission of each brand
- Work with writers to produce sample content
- Assist in establishing brand values
- Conceive relevant categories and features for the brand
- Assist in recruiting and educating a brand editor to oversee the management of each new brand
Who we’re looking for...
- Previous editorial experience at a digital publisher
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Proven aptitude as a detailed-driven editor with high standards for prose and accuracy
- An understanding of content that sparks engagement
- Understanding of AP style
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Collaboration and organizational skills
What's in it for you...
- Learning and Development opportunities with subject matter experts
- Competitive Base Salaries
- Generous Healthcare, Dental, and Vision for employee plus dependents
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere around the world
- 401K matching
- 16 weeks Parental Leave
- $15,000 Adoption Assistance
- Equity Program
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Wellness Programs and reimbursement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Remote office set up $300 allotment
- State of the art technology and office set up
- Audible subscription + Bose Headphones
Due to the holiday season approaching, we will be reaching in regards to next steps during the first week of January, 2021.
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!