Things go wrong at companies all of the time. Whether it’s website outages, data breaches, or overwhelmed support teams, incidents are almost inevitable in a world increasingly run by technology. We're building the best way to help your entire organisation respond, review and learn when things go wrong, big or small.
Though we've only been around since March 2021, we’re backed by world-class investors at Index Ventures and Point Nine, and have more than 70 customers from all around the world. Our customers include high growth startups like Render and WorkOS to billion-dollar companies like GoCardless, dbt Labs and Loom.
Define and scale a new category
At incident.io, we’re defining a new category: incident management for your whole organisation. Before us, incident tooling focused on engineers, leaving the rest of the organisation out in the cold.
We’re building the single place that your whole organisation turns when things go wrong. Clearly understanding and communicating our unique value proposition will be critical to us achieving this ambitious vision.
To help us get there, we’re looking for our first Marketing hire to help distill and refine our value proposition, and communicate it effectively at scale to accelerate our inbound growth.
Success in this role looks like achieving two goals. Firstly, you’ll be responsible for distilling, refining and communicating our value proposition. You’ll build a rich understanding of the problems we’re solving for our current customers, and develop our current market positioning. Ultimately, you’ll help us better understand who we are, and make sure our efforts are focused on the right segments.
Second, you’ll use that understanding to help us aggressively grow our inbound demand. We have an engine that’s already working — all of our customers have come through inbound — but we don’t understand the input metrics that affect this system, and how we got here. You’ll help discover which levers we can pull, and implement strategies to accelerate it, ultimately ending up with a repeatable playbook to help us achieve our 6x revenue growth target over the next year.
We’re looking for someone firmly in the intersection of product marketing, and growth marketing. You should feel as comfortable articulating messaging, positioning and pricing as you are hacking together new landing pages.
As one of our earliest employees, you’ll work directly with the CEO, and help define the go to market organisation alongside the Head of Sales. If things go well, there’s an opportunity to grow into a leadership role, and build your own team.
What to expect in your first 90 days
- Gain a deep understanding of our product and the problem it solves by talking to our customers, and working closely with the founders.
- Using your newly-gained understanding to refine our existing value proposition and messaging through internal sales collateral, and external customer facing content.
- Supporting and amplifying key product launches, creating a playbook.
- Set up, analyse and report on key funnel KPIs, so we can track progress against our goals. You’ll have ownership over driving increases in unique visitors, qualified leads, and with the Head of Sales, new customers.
- You love communicating with customers, and can distill their complex problems and pains into clear and accessible language.
- You nerd out on everything go-to-market: from high-level positioning to low-level pricing mechanics.
- You’ve got 3-5 years of marketing experience at B2B SaaS startups, ideally with developer-focused products. If you’ve got less experience, but are excited to learn, that’s fine too!
- You’re a strong executor. You’ve got demonstrated past experience of growing something from scratch.
- Bonus points if you’ve managed a small team before.
- You are comfortable when faced with a lot of ambiguity, both technically and organisationally. You’re happy to tackle problems without a clear definition or solution.
- You enjoy the unique challenges presented by a role in an early stage company, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day to day in order to support the team.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for a role if they don’t have experience in 100% of the requirements outlined in a job description. Please know that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above, but think you could do a great job and are excited about shaping company culture, finding great people and building great teams, we’d love to hear from you!
We embrace diversity at incident.io. To build a product that’s loved by everyone, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
Note to recruitment agencies
We don't accept CV's from external parties or recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of incident.io, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.