Senior Software Engineer, Data Tools
Engineering – Software Engineering /
What problems have you solved with data? What problems have you helped others solve with data? If you have spent any amount of time turning data into actionable insights you understand that success is conditioned on first finding and fixing the problems with your data and then connecting the data-derived insights to business goals. Achieving this in a timely, repeatable manner is hard. Doing so in a world where data access is highly democratized and users can slice and recombine data in ways you may not have imagined is harder. Successfully turning messy, often unstructured healthcare data into insights and actions which improve well-being and medical outcomes at scale is so hard that it so far has remained elusive.
Data Tools owns the suite of tools which gather, clean and conform member medical data and turn that data into insights and metrics. Our tools empower Data Science, Analytics and Product teams to build personalized member recommendations, alert medical providers to potentially undiagnosed health problems, and report on our ability to deliver highest quality medical outcomes in a cost effective manner to our clients among others, all while adhering to the highest data privacy and governance standards.
Your focus will be on building out our suite of tools to make working with data natural for both data producers and consumers.
Your projects could include:
-Integrating our common data model with open source tools Datahub and Querybook.
-Developing a streaming event framework to allow data produced by our mobile apps to flow into the common data model.
-Implementing data validation concepts into our data ingestion and transformation tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline AND 5+ years of technical engineering experience with coding in languages including but not limited to C#, C++, Java, Python, or Scala.
- 3+ years of experience building data ingestion and transformation pipelines utilizing any of AWS Athena, Apache Flink, or Apache Spark.
- Direct ownership and responsibility for development, implementation, and production release of multiple data processing solutions, utilizing distributed systems
- Physically located within the United States of America.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline AND 4+ years of technical engineering experience with coding in languages including but not limited to C#, C++, Java, Python, or Scala.
- 2+ years of experience developing production-grade frontend applications using React.js or AngularJS.
- Technical leadership experience with emphasis on architectures designed to interoperate with existing systems.
- 1+ years experience as mentor for junior developers
We would like to meet you if
- Current and former colleagues praise your ability to consistently deliver impactful outcomes for your team and the business through high personal output.
- You have repeatedly demonstrated that you solve complex business problems by detailed domain modeling among other steps.
- You have delivered measurable business outcomes because you prioritize engineering work according to expected business value and work closely with stakeholders to successfully navigate seemingly conflicting requirements.
- You lead project execution by managing epics/stories/tasks, providing clarity to the business on delivery timing, and acting as an owner of overall project success.
- You quickly become productive in unfamiliar code bases and while working with new stakeholders
- You mentor engineers, improving their technical and non-technical skills to maximize their impact.
- You thrive on working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds who are collaborative and strongly aligned to our company’s mission of raising the standard of healthcare for everyone.
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: [130,200 - 193,650] + equity + benefits
Zone B: [156,200-232,400] + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones. Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share details of your geographic alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive pay, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
-401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
-Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
-Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
-Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
-12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
-Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
-11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
-Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
-24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable OrganizationsYour recruiter will share more about the benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.