Software Engineer, Data Services (Mexico)
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Think about the best products you’ve built as an engineer. Were they powered by APIs that did what you needed so you could focus on solving your user problem? Did these APIs just make sense and work as expected? If so, you already know what we’re trying to do. Building production software is hard. Making it so simple to use that it disappears into the background is harder. Doing that for healthcare data, which can be messy, is so hard that nobody has really done it.
Data Services owns the core domains underpinning how we get our members to the right care at the right time. The Coverage team is responsible for answering critical questions that enable a member to get the right care: What are the right health benefits to show a member when they come to us? And at what cost?
This team could be right for you if:
- You thrive on high-impact work that is foundational to the operation of the business
- You know that a big part of solving a complex business problem is getting the domain model right
- Where others see intimidating complexity, you see simpler subproblems and solutions that can be built back up to solve the broader problem
Desired Outcomes — What does success look like?
- Achieve team and business impact through high personal output
- Prioritize and scope engineering effort according to expected business value, effectively communicating with teammates and stakeholders
- Lead project execution by managing epics/stories/tasks, providing clarity to the business on delivery timing, and acting as an owner of overall project success
- Design, implement, test, and operate systems with exemplary engineering fundamentals that make appropriate tradeoffs
- Engage in cross-team and cross-functional efforts to ensure timely, successful delivery against team OKRs
- Mentor engineers, improving their technical and non-technical skills to maximize their impact
- Stellar engineering leadership by example — regardless of your language of choice, you separate concerns and define well-abstracted interfaces, leading to functioning, performant, well-tested, maintainable code and systems
- Thinking and communicating in first principles — you are able to explain your points of view from foundational concepts rather than by associative thinking
- Critical thinking with influence — you systematically evaluate the tradeoffs associated with each potential solution to a problem, make an informed decision, and articulate these things well to influence others, driving impact
- Here are some of the technologies we use now or may use in the future; you probably care somewhat if you’re an engineer. Familiarity with these things is nice to have, but not a requirement.
- Go, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java
- HL7 FHIR, Redox
- gRPC/Protocol Buffers, Thrift, Avro
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.