Regional Vice President - Health Plan Client Success
Client Success – Client Success /
Are you an experienced Client Success Leader with experience scaling a high growth organization?
Are you energized by team leadership and growing client accounts?
Are you passionate about Health Plans and bringing world class health care to millions of covered lives and their families?
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, strategic leader to inspire high performance and drive client engagement and growth. This leader will play a critical role in achieving key business results related to client retention, expansion and scaling for growth. The ideal candidate will have deep customer success and Health Plan expertise with a client-first mentality to achieve business goals.
Business Leadership Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the retention of the complete portfolio of Health Plan clients and driving growth through expansions and upsells.
- Execute account management strategies and practices across the portfolio, anticipating risks and deploying offensive tactics to mitigate churn.
- Achieve and optimize team performance against key metric targets including client engagement, employee engagement, client ROI, CSAT, NPS, NRR, GRR and other OKRs.
- Instill operational rigor within the team to drive consistency of CS practice, client engagement execution and organizational scalability.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead and Develop a Client Success team to deliver on key objectives and key results (revenue retention, client NPS, up-sells, etc.).
- Provide guidance and coaching to drive individual accountability across the client life cycle, including: building client account plans, managing client ROI and contractual obligations (Performance Goals), coach and support CS team on relationship health and identifying expansion opportunities developing renewal plans and risk mitigation plans, ensure utilization of key enablement tools and systems (e.g. CRM and CS platform), and support client escalations.
- Promote a culture of trust, accountability, engagement, inclusivity and high performance, proactively establishing staffing plans to exceed client expectations.
- Recruit, hire and train and develop CS team members as the business scales.
- Develop and maintain C-level and senior-level client relationships at key health plan accounts and network with high potential prospects.
- Serve as Executive Sponsor for key health plan accounts, leading and participating in strategy meetings, key business reviews, and serving as point of escalation as needed.
- Partner with CS team to cultivate champions among primary stakeholders (product leads, marketing teams, executive teams) at client organizations.
Internal Collaboration Responsibilities:
- Report to the VP Client Success and collaborate across the CS organization identifying and scaling consistency in our CS Practices.
- Collaborate with internal teams (product, data analytics, engagement, care team) to share client feedback and industry knowledge; contribute to the development of innovative solutions for clients.
- Drive resolution of client escalations; orchestrate internal resources to deliver for the CS team and client.
- Serve as client advocate; champion clients’ needs and represent their interests in critical issue resolution.
- Partner closely with product/clinical leadership and others to ensure that the product roadmap aligns with clients’ needs.
- Lead continuous improvement and innovation to optimize client health.
- 10+ years experience leading and scaling high-functioning CS teams.
- 8+ years experience working and contracting with health plans in client-facing / client success roles.
- Deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem, with a specific expertise in the nuances and intricacies of health plans.
- Experience leading 7-figure relationships with national, regional and Blues plans.
- A “commercial mindset” and deep business acumen to help the company and its clients meet growth goals and strategic imperatives.
- Demonstrated ability/flexibility to work cross-functionally in a fast-growing Health Tech company where evolution and innovation is the norm.
- Bias for action. Strong results orientation and track record of exceeding goals.
- Ability to inspire and generate excitement across a team and drive commitment to a vision.
- Sharp business acumen and executive presence in high stakes and high pressure engagements.
- Coaching and strategy skills to help teams articulate a compelling value proposition, deliver insights, and manage difficult conversations.
- Entrepreneurial at your core; ability to innovate, think creatively, and solve complex problems.
- Passion for the Included Health mission of raising the standard of health care for everyone.
- Willingness to travel (estimated 30%).
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $150,800 - $230,000 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $181,000 - $276,025 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for commission based on work performance and sales achievements. Details of the Commission Structure, including rates, targets, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.