Public Sector Sales, Regional Vice President
Sales – Sales /
Our Public Sector Sales RVP will help us further our mission of raising the standard of care for everyone by selling the Included Health suite of products to public sector group health plans, enabling them to offer a world class healthcare experience to members, while simultaneously reining in costs for the plan and their participating entities.
As a Public Sector Sales RVP, your role will be to identify, pursue and close business with self-funded plans within your territory, focusing on plans with 5000+ employees. For clarity, this broad role includes opportunities with state and local government, school districts, public sector risk pools, quasi-government groups, JPAs and similar multi-entity groups, and the federal government. You will be the point person for territory strategy, prospecting, leading the end-to-end sales process, leading our response to RFPs (with the support of our proposal team), etc.
Through a consultative approach, you’ll work directly with leadership/buyers at the plans, and also leverage your relationships with brokers, consultants, TPAs, carriers, and other organizations that influence health & welfare buyers’ strategies. You’ll also represent Included Health at relevant industry events and conferences, with the support of our events team.
During your first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard with the Included Health team in San Francisco
- Quickly develop an understanding of our products and become highly knowledgeable with our offerings
- Partner with the VP to come up to speed quickly on respective market dynamics, targets and opportunities
- Begin developing Year 1 Sales plan
- Tap your strong network of buyers or influencers to identify major sales opportunities
- Ride along with other RVPs on Sales calls for learning purposes
During your first 60 days, you will:
- Establish your sales territory and familiarize yourself with potential clients
- Make introductions to your network and future clients regarding Included Health
- Begin to secure meetings with target organizations, and to conduct joint Sales meetings with VP and/or other senior Sales professionals
During your first 90 days, you will:
- Schedule and conduct client meetings
- Create the beginnings of a sales pipeline
- Finalize your Sales plan and secure sign-off from VP
- Sales Strategy
- New business: Refine the prospect pool in your territory to optimize Included Health momentum and visibility within targeted, high priority opportunities
- Expansion with current clients: Identify opportunities for Included Health to scale service footprint within existing clients
- Build and manage pipeline to close deals and meet quarterly objectives
- Identify and prioritize key industry/trade events impacting your territory
- Establish and nurture productive working relationships with key Consultants in assigned territory (leverage model)
- Cultivate opportunities by working with leaders, buyers, influencers, and decision makers at target entities to understand their objectives, and position Included Health attractively in light of their overall employee benefits strategy
- Travel as necessary to attend industry events, meet with key stakeholders at prospect organizations, and the like
- Network with industry peers to gain broader and deeper relationships within your market
- Focus on process improvements that continue to improve our sales cycle and frameworks
- Maintain CRM hygiene and diligence in tracking / recording all work activities to ensure accurate forecasting
- Represent Included Health culture and passion for enabling better health in all business dealings
- Partner internally with carrier relations, consultant relations, GTM Ops, and other groups to optimize efficiency and momentum
- Partner internally with Client Success Managers to ensure smooth on-boarding and relationship transition of new client accounts, and ongoing relationship development with existing accounts that can expand in the future
- Solid knowledge of healthcare benefits landscape and evolution
- Proven track record in public sector health/wellness/benefits sales, consistently meeting / exceeding large yearly quotas
- Strong relationship building ability; you like building and finding win-win agreements
- Successful experience closing deals in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience successfully selling discretionary, complex services with long sales cycles
- Consultative approach to sales (strong discovery skills to understand pain-points of clients and addressing their needs through solutions selling)
- Strong references from clients and influencers you’ve worked with in the past
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Domestic travel as needed to fulfill job responsibilities
This is a remote position.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.