Staff Backend Engineer, Care Team Experience
Engineering – Software Engineering /
The Care Team Experience team is responsible for making Included Health’s care team more effective, more efficient, and better able to serve the needs of our members. We build new features, improve existing processes, and invest in under-the-hood changes to make our systems more reliable, maintainable, and scalable. We are looking for a skilled Staff backend engineer who loves to deliver amazing products to users, collaborate across teams and with product + design, and take strong ownership of their impact.
What You'll Do
- Be a thought partner within a cross functional team to identify the right solutions to build for our Care Team Experience products.
- Help us evolve and improve the architecture, performance, and operability of our systems.
- Drive features and products through the full development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with tight-knit teams - teach us what you know and learn from us.
- Mentor other engineers on a variety of topics: engineering standard methodologies (coding, frameworks, architecture, CI/CD), project management (task planning), and career growth.
- Take the lead in identifying, defining, and implementing impactful work
- Proven track record of building complex, scalable and reliable services for and leadership experience.
- Analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with backend development
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks.
- Experience creating and maintaining APIs (REST, GraphQL, etc.).
- Modeling real-world data in both RDBMS and NoSQL persistence layers.
- Experience in our current technologies is a bonus: Go, Python/Django, Rails, GraphQL, Docker, AWS
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: 181,000 - 275,950 + equity + benefits
Zone B: 150,800 - 229,950 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share details of your geographic alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to receiving a competitive pay, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through FidelityComprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.