Sr. Training Specialist
Member Care – Member Care /
The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for utilizing instructional design and facilitation best practices to create and facilitate a variety of learning experiences to meet the needs of the business. This role requires someone who can context switch easily, can facilitate and/or build with minimal supervision/support from managers, and who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
This critical role is responsible for content development and onboarding support for a growing Member Care team specializing in healthcare benefits/insurance plan knowledge. A successful candidate will have proven experience in facilitation and design of content specific to health plans/insurance plans.
- Apply proven instructional design and adult learning theories to the development of engaging and relevant content that enhances learning transfer and retention.
- Facilitate courses and programs effectively and efficiently as needed.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, authoring tools and instructional design best practices to meet the needs of a diverse learning population.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on our learners and stakeholders
- Create learning objectives to appropriately match the identified training needs, and design content that meets those goals
- Design/storyboard and develop training content for different modalities.
- Distill and use evaluation data to tell meaningful stories about business results stemming from training courses/learning experiences.
- Maintain partnerships with business partners (Workforce Management, Quality) and subject matter experts, with minimal direction, in order to provide high-quality learning experiences and that meet the needs of the learner and the business.
- Act as a thought leader and consultant for stakeholders wherever learning is concerned.
- With support, manage projects related to new curriculum needs (e.g. a new service line, product, or large client) effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in course audits.
- 5+ years experience in the training industry, including experience in both facilitation and instructional design within Healthcare, Health Insurance carrier or related fields
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Subject-matter expertise in health plans, medical insurance and/or medical claims.
- Preferred: Advanced Degree in Curriculum & Instruction or related field.
- Subject-matter expertise in eLearning design, development, and the corresponding tools (i.e. Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, and Adobe Premier).
- Be proficient with common office software – Google Apps, CRM systems, etc.
- Solution-oriented and results-driven with strong analytic skills and the ability to solve problems through collaboration and a growth mindset.
- Clear ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach, including managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.