Senior Manager, Core Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Incorta delivers the industry’s first hyper-converged analytics platform. We are the fastest way to analyze complex data which powers business decisions in seconds not weeks. Incorta is on a mission to bring quicker, better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Incorta, from our great products and technologies to our ease of doing business and support.
We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. We are looking for Senior Engineering Managers to focus on our Core Platform. In this role, you will be overseeing the design and development of our applications and systems. You will have ownership in overseeing, building and managing a team of Engineers working on the full SDLC of our core product. Join us as we lead the democratization of data.
- Work effectively in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment
- Be responsible for hiring and growing a team while promoting and instilling a culture of openness, innovation, ownership, and pride
- Manage performance of direct reports and mentoring them to achieve their career goals and aspirations
- Organize and manage timelines, which includes collaborating with product management, QA and other engineering teams
- Actively contribute to code reviews, technical decisions and process improvements
- Establish and improve the development life cycle, branching to strategy
- Communicate with senior management and executives on development progress and status
- Work with distributed and diverse teams at different time zones
- Report directly to the VP of Engineering
- A software engineering background with a strong working knowledge of enterprise applications development with min 10 years experience
- A proven track record of building and leading teams and managing talented engineers with diverse backgrounds
- An uncompromising passion for software quality and system resilience
- High motivation fueled with strong organizational skills requiring minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the challenges associated with a fast paced team environment
- Hands on experience with Java, database systems, SQL, web technologies and mobile development
- Experience in building BI systems, big data
- Knowledge of data analytics, data modeling, ETS process, and data visualization Experience with Spark, Python, and machine learning technologies (Bonus Points)
- Flexibility and adapt to change effectively in a fast paced technology space
We could tell you that we’re building something that truly optimizes the way business intelligence is done. Or, that we’re backed by marquee VC's such as Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins. All true, but the real reason you will want to come work for Incorta is that you’ll be part of an early team that is building a game-changing analytics product that will allow companies to answer complex questions in seconds...not days or weeks like the current solutions.
Incorta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.